Celtic Energy Limited are currently looking for a part time Management Accountant to work alongside their existing team.
Location:–Caerphilly, with attendance at site locations.
Salary: On Application
Key Benefits:–25 days holiday per annum (Pro rata, plus bank holidays)
Hours of work:–This is a part time position 22.5 hours per week.
Closing Date:–Wednesday 23rd October 2019
About the role: The candidate will be expected to be or have:
- AAT or part qualified as a minimum.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Double Entry accounting methods essential.
- Analytical, Planning, organisational skills essential
- Ability to produce accurate data/work essential
- Capable and confident of prioritising workload and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Highly motivated, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as undertaking individual tasks/project work.
- Be prepared to take turns in answering any Company incoming calls as an auto answering system is in place.
- Clear communicator and ability to liaise with Senior Managers and Directors.
- Work well under pressure.
- High level of IT skills needed in Sage 200, Microsoft Excel, Pegasus Opera.
- Knowledge of Hedging & Share investment would be an advantage.
Reporting Structure:–Report to the Finance Manager.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Assist the Finance Manager & Site Managers in the production of the monthly Management Accounts in line with the Divisional reporting timetable.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Registers including calculation of depreciation.
- Maintain and overview departmental Overheads.
- Bank Interest calculation and reconciliation.
- Provide Estates Department with Monthly Land and Building Costs for reporting into Management pack.
- Monthly Accounting Journal preparation and posting including prepayment and accruals.
- Production of Monthly Plant Nominal Analysis for site including reviewing with managers.
- Closure of Sage ledgers in accordance with reporting requirements.
- Monthly Balance Sheet control account reconciliations.
- Bank Approver for BACS & CHAPS payments.
- Ad hoc coding of payments and invoices.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budgets and Forecast.
- Analysis overdue debts and monitor progress on resolution.
- Keeping Sales Credit Insurance updated in line with terms and conditions.
- Help the Finance Manager with the production of statutory accounts, year-end audit and preparation of tax pack calculation.
- Assist in the production of VAT returns.
- Assist Directors in the production of regular commercial information of a financial nature e.g. Cashflow, Cost analysis, Debtors, Sales Analysis, Properties & Investment Analysis etc.
- Examine expense & weekly wage returns prior to submission.
- Prepare P11D. distribute to employees for approval and submit to HMRC.
- Produce Climate Levy return and maintain Climate Change Levy Exemptions data.
- Check PAYE settlement spreadsheet on monthly basis and return final calculation to HMRC.
- Liaising with external bodies. (Auditors, National Statistics, HMRC, Pension Providers)
- Assist Finance Manager in the day to day running of the department and deputize as necessary.
- Undertake individual tasks/project work.
- Cover for Weekly payroll when needed.
- Support and train other members of team when required.
- Any other ancillary duties as reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
How to Apply:
Please send a full CV together with a covering letter detailing current salary expectations to: Mary Turner via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing c/o Celtic Energy Limited, 9 Beddau Way, Castlegate Business Park, Caerphilly, CF83 2AX.