As the Managing Director of Celtic Energy Limited I am fully committed to meeting the Company’s responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992 and 1999, The Quarries Regulations 1999 and associated protective legislation, both as an Employer and as a Company. To achieve these objectives the Company has appointed designated member(s) of staff to be responsible for Company health and safety; to keep workplace health, safety and welfare procedures under constant review; to liaise with the Health and Safety Executive wherever necessary; and to keep the Company and its Board of Directors abreast of new legislation, EU Directives, Regulations and British Standards, in order to ensure ongoing compliance with the law.
The main responsibility for health and safety lies with myself as Managing Director and my Board of Directors. The Company is bound by any acts and/or omissions of the Managing Director, any executive director or manager, giving rise to legal liability, provided only such acts and/or omissions arise out of and in course of Company business.
The philosophy of the Company is to develop a health and safety culture as promoted by the following aims:
- Developing and enhancing a culture of co-operation, control, communication and continuous improvement to ensure the effective and safe execution of all areas of work undertaken within the Company.
- Striving to continuously achieve standards that exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation, codes of practice and guidance notes.
- Ensuring a proactive approach is undertaken by all personnel to eliminate accidents and hazards.
- Ensuring that Health, Safety and continuous development is integrated within business and management strategy.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their duties and responsibilities and that they are suitably trained and assessed for competence in their areas of work.
In order to meet its obligations towards the general public and all lawful visitors to the Company’s premises, the Company will pay strict attention to its duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Occupiers’ Liability Acts 1957 and 1984.
This policy has been prepared in compliance with Section 2 (3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and binds all Directors, Managers and Employees, in the interests of Employees and Customers. We request that our Customers and Visitors respect this Policy, a copy of which can be obtained on demand.