The Coronavirus emergency has put the whole country into a very challenging and worrying situation. During this time of great uncertainty, naturally, our priority is to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and clients. But, we?re also acutely aware that we need to balance this with ensuring that we have robust systems and processes in place to continue to provide a high level of service.
Our coal is used in homes across the UK to provide central heating, open fires, hot water and cooking, both directly and as a component of briquettes as well as in steel production, cement manufacture and water treatment plants.
Over 170,000 households (often vulnerable or elderly people) rely on products using our anthracite.
Throughout our business operations, we are following official UK Government and industry guidance and have implemented the following measures:
- We are prohibiting non-essential work travel until further notice. We are calling on our colleagues to conduct meetings by phone or video link, where
- Where personnel can effectively work from home, they will be encouraged to do
- Visitors to our premises will only be permitted if absolutely essential.
- We are reminding colleagues that we all have a personal responsibility to do what we can to protect ourselves and each other and to follow UK Government official
In order to keep all of us safe, we will also be implementing the following additional measures:
- Any employee with pre-existing health conditions that would put them in a vulnerable category must self-isolate by working from home where possible and avoiding contact with other people.
- Any employee showing symptoms of COVID-19 must self-isolate for at least 7 days. The symptoms are a new continuous dry cough and/or a high temperature above 37. 8C,
- Any employee who lives with other people showing symptoms of COVID-19, should stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the
If we follow the above-mentioned measures, we will be able to stay as safe as possible for the foreseeable future.
The health and wellbeing of our colleagues and clients are of paramount importance and we?re keeping our staff informed every step of the way. This is a fast-moving situation and we are keen to keep things under regular review as the situation evolves.
The Directors are holding review and update meetings and will be updating our employees accordingly; we hope this reassures you that we are doing our level best as a company to continue with business as usual while being a responsible employer.
More information can be found by visiting:
27 March 2020
Celtic Energy is one of the leading coal mining companies in the UK. We produce over 300,000 tonnes of high quality coal per year from our sites in South Wales for domestic, industrial and specialist applications in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
We operate surface coal mining sites in the Swansea and Neath valleys and a coal washery at Onllwyn, near Neath, where the coal is processed and despatched by road and rail to customers throughout Europe.
We plan and operate our sites to the highest health and safety and environmental standards and sites are restored for agriculture, forestry and local amenity including wetlands, tree plantations and other forms of development.